1/1 Photo of Meatballs and Mozzarella Sandwiches
Red Apple Guy's Note:
Crustly loaves filled with meatballs, sauce, mozzarella and onions and peppers heated to a crunchy, melty finish. This can be made quick and easy with frozen meatballs and ready made sauce, but we like to make our own turkey meatballs and crusty baguettes. The sandwiches in the photo are made using Bergy's Turkey Meatballs (we bake them) and our own sourdough baguettes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 30 meatballs (cooked, 1-inch diameter balls. If 1.5-inch balls, use 15 to 20)
- 1/4 onion (medium, sliced into thin wedges)
- 1/4 bell pepper (any color, sliced into thin wedges)
- 8 ounces spaghetti sauce (use your favorite jarred sauce)
- 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese (packaged, use more if desired)
- 2 French baguettes (thin. totalling 30 inches or 5 submarine buns)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (I like herb flavored)
- 1Either make your own meatballs (see Bergy's Recip #33944) or use frozen meatballs thawed and heated.
- 2Heat the sauce in a sauce pan.
- 3Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- 4Saute vegetables in the olive oil.
- 5Spoon a small amount of sauce onto each bun or 6" section of baguette.
- 6Stuff the buns with 3 to 6 meatballs depending on size.
- 7Add a bit more sauce to each sandwich.
- 8Add salt and pepper if needed.
- 9Sprinkle 2 to 3 tablespoons cheese over each set of meatballs.
- 10Place on a foil-lined baking sheet so that the sandwiches support each other and.
- 11Place into the middle shelf of the oven.
- 12Bake for 25 to 35 minutes until buns are browned and crusty.
- 13Cool for 5 to10 minutes and serve with a nice salad or fries.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Meatballs and Mozzarella Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (84 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 196.8
- Calories from Fat 92
- Total Fat 10.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 13.7 mg
- Sodium 337.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 7.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: