Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
If you come across this recipe and you are craving soup on a cold day, MAKE THIS RECIPE! It hits the spot.You can make this recipe mild or spicy depending on the type of salsa you use. The recipe was on the mild side with a little hint of spice. For really spicy soup, add a diced jalapeno pepper along with the vegetables.
- 16 ounces frozen italian meatballs
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (14 ounce) cans ready-to-serve beef broth
- 16 ounces salsa or 16 ounces picante sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup pasta, ditalini
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- Combine meatballs, onion, green pepper, garlic, beef broth, salsa or picante sauce, chili powder, and cumin in a 3-4 quart crockpot.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-7 hours.
- Add pasta and seasonings, stir well, cover, and cook on low an additional hour or until pasta is tender.
- Sprinkle with cheese, dollop with sour cream, sprinkle with cilantro, and serve.
This was pretty tasty. I added a can of pinto beans to mine, cause I had em laying around. And I'm pretty sure I added too much pasta cause it turned out much more like a pasta dish than a soup. Also next time I'll probably use my own meatballs instead of the frozen ones, cause I like the texture better. But overall my husband really liked it, and I'm sure I'll be making it again.
GREAT recipe. A nice hearty soup, that is SO easy to make!! My husband loved it!!