Recipe by Kay D.
Recipe is from Pillsbury. This is a fun little recipe. My daughter absolutely loved it.
Top Review by Wildflower5656
This was so much fun! I used homemade meatballs, and subbed in red onions for the legs because I didn't have chow mein noodles on hand. It turned out adorable, and tasted delicious!
- 1 (12 ounce) can Pillsbury Golden Layers refrigerated flaky original biscuits
- 20 frozen cooked meatballs
- 1⁄4 cup shoestring potatoes (from a can) or 1⁄4 cup chow mein noodles
- sliced olive, as desired
- sliced pickle, as desired
- sliced carrot, as desired
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F Spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Separate the dough into 10 biscuits. Separate each biscuit into 2 layers.
- Wrap each meatball with a layer of dough to make a ball, pinching the edges to seal. (place the pinched edges on the bottom.).
- To make a creepy crawler, line up 10 dough covered meatballs in a squiggle pattern. Poke the shoestring potatoes (I used the chow mein noodles) in both sides of each ball to make the legs, and two poked into the top of the "head" for antennae.
- Bake 13 to 16 minutes or until golden brown.
- Make a face out of olive slices.
- Place olive slices, pickle slices, carrot slices, or whatever at random points along the creepy crawler for interest.
- Serve the creepy crawlers with ketchup, mustard, or whatever you might like.