Recipe by oloschiavo
I just made this up tonight. It's based on my ham risotto but with a few slight variations. Mmmm, mmmm!
- 3 medium chicken breasts, diced
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 250 g button mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon mixed Italian herbs
- 1 1⁄2 cups arborio rice
- 1 liter chicken stock
- 1 (385 ml) can 2% evaporated milk
- 5 sun-dried tomatoes, finely sliced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1⁄2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- cracked black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle chicken with thyme and cook in a non-stick pan until lightly browned. If you have a sticky pan, you might need to add a bit of oil here.
- Set chicken aside.
- Saute mushrooms in 1 tbsp of oil, then set aside.
- Add remaining 2 tbsp oil to a large saucepan and cook onion, garlic and herbs until mixture is soft and aromatic.
- Add rice and stir until coated, about 1 or 2 minutes.
- Add chicken stock and evaporated milk and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until rice is soft and mixture still a bit soupy, stirring frequently.
- Stir in chicken, mushrooms, peas and tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Remove from heat and stir through parmesan and pepper. Serve immediately.