Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Found this on a copycat website. Posting for safe keeping.
Special Fajita Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon chicken bouillon cube, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 2 large skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup white onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons fajita seasoning mix, from recipe above
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lime juice, from concentrate
- 2 slices American cheese
- 4 flour tortillas, 8-inch diameter
- cooking oil
- Combine all Fajita Seasoning ingredients and store in airtight container. You will have more than you need for this recipe.
- Cut chicken into small strips, none longer than 2" and about 1/4" thick.
- Combine fajita seasoning with water, vinegar and lime juice in a small bowl.
- Marinate chicken in this mixture, covered and refrigerated for a couple of hours.
- Heat some oil in a wok. Cook marinated meat over medium high heat until brown. Retain marinade.
- Add green pepper and onion and stir-fry for about 1 minute.
- Add remaining marinade and stir-fry until liquid "escapes".
- Spoon 1/4 of the mixture into the center of each tortilla and add 1/2 slice cheese. Sprinkle with a dash of the fajita seasoning mix.
- Fold like a burrito with one end open and wrap in a 12"x12" sheet of wax paper. Let sit 5-7 minutes.
- Microwave still wrapped for 15 seconds each. Do this seperately.
- Enjoy with picante sauce on the side.