Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
from http://www.mccanns.ie/ a great real irish oatmeal
- 1 1⁄4 cups margarine
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 3 cups mccann's quick-cooking oatmeal
- 3⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts
- I am trying this recipe with slivered almond instead of walnuts.
- Cream margarine and sugars.
- Add egg and vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; add to shortening mixture.
- Mix well.
- Stir in the oats, raisins and walnuts.
- Drop rounded teaspoons of batter on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes at 350°.
- Cool for 1 minute before removing to wire cooling rack.
This was a great recipe that was a breeze to make. I found that the cookies didn't spread out as much when I chilled the dough for a little while. Awesome recipe!
Yum! This recipe was easy to make using a mixer, simple to follow, and very tasty. I left out the nuts, but added green food coloring paste in honor of St Patrick's day, and golden raisins. My kids thought "leprechaun gold" was a great idea! Quite delicious.