- 1 1⁄4 cups margarine
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 3 cups mccann's quick-cooking oatmeal
- 3⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- I am trying this recipe with slivered almond instead of walnuts.
- Cream margarine and sugars.
- Add egg and vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; add to shortening mixture.
- Mix well.
- Stir in the oats, raisins and walnuts.
- Drop rounded teaspoons of batter on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes at 350°.
- Cool for 1 minute before removing to wire cooling rack.