Prep 10 mins
Cook 13 mins
Really simple recipe that even pleases the non fish lovers among us! My favorite fish to use is tilapia, but any mild, white fish will work nicely.
- 4 fish fillets, about 1 pound
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄3 cup onion, finely diced
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese or 1⁄4 cup romano cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place fish, in a lightly greased 9x13 baking dish.
- In a bowl, combine mayonnaise, butter, onion, cheese, lemon juice, Old Bay, and pepper. Mix until a thick paste is formed.
- Spread mixture evenly over fish filets, then top with bread crumbs.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, or until fish is flaky.
- To finish cooking, place fish under the broiler, for another 2-3 minutes, or until fish is golden brown.
Baked perfectly, fish was moist with delicious topping. I had a 1.25 lb half of Walleye, my favorite fish. I baked it for 15 minutes and broiled it for 3 minutes from the lowest position in the oven. Not having Old Bay and liking suggestions of other reviewers, I added a bit of steak seasoning and garlic powder, used Panko crumbs and basted the topping with butter. It is easy to prepare... no dipping in flour, egg, and crumbs, no frying, and the result is delicious. As my piece of fish was 17"-18" long, I used my stove top double burner grill, greased. The fish did not stick making clean-up easy. Being easy and delicious, this is an excellent dish to serve company.
This was sooooo delicious, It tasted like it came from a restaurant. The only thing i change was i used 1/4tsp onion powder in replace of the onions because my boyfriend doesn't like them. I also put a little more old bay in because im from Maryland and thats how we do it lol. But it was AWESOME!
So good! I poured a bag of frozen mixed vegetables and bag of frozen pre-cooked rice into a dish, then put frozen tilapia filets on top. Followed the recipe as written and doubled the cooking time. Super easy and delicious - we'll be coming back to this recipe often.