Prep 10 mins
Cook 13 mins
Really simple recipe that even pleases the non fish lovers among us! My favorite fish to use is tilapia, but any mild, white fish will work nicely.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place fish, in a lightly greased 9x13 baking dish.
- In a bowl, combine mayonnaise, butter, onion, cheese, lemon juice, Old Bay, and pepper. Mix until a thick paste is formed.
- Spread mixture evenly over fish filets, then top with bread crumbs.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, or until fish is flaky.
- To finish cooking, place fish under the broiler, for another 2-3 minutes, or until fish is golden brown.
This was sooooo delicious, It tasted like it came from a restaurant. The only thing i change was i used 1/4tsp onion powder in replace of the onions because my boyfriend doesn't like them. I also put a little more old bay in because im from Maryland and thats how we do it lol. But it was AWESOME!
I wished I could have given this 10 stars!!! This is the most delicious fish I've ever tasted. Not a big fish fan, since don't like the lingering smell of it in my kitchen, however, this has no lingering aroma. Made it with light mayo and used olive oil instead of butter. Served it with Saffron rice and a side of stir fried broccoli! <br/><br/>Thank you so much for sharing your recipe with us!
So good! I poured a bag of frozen mixed vegetables and bag of frozen pre-cooked rice into a dish, then put frozen tilapia filets on top. Followed the recipe as written and doubled the cooking time. Super easy and delicious - we'll be coming back to this recipe often.