Recipe by Maureen in MA
This is an easy, delicious Pot Roast recipe that my family loves. It's quick to prepare and can be left to cook all day in the crockpot on low, or for half a day on high.
- 2 -3 lbs beef roast (swiss cut)
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- cooking spray
- mccormick's McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning
- 1 beef bouillon cube, dissolved in 1/2 cup boiling water
- 3⁄4 cup good quality red wine
- 1 (12 ounce) bag baby carrots
- 1 (7/8 ounce) package brown gravy mix
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray skillet with cooking oil. Saute onions and transfer to crock pot. Sprinkle meat with McCormicks Montreal Steak seasoning, then brown on all sides in skillet. Transfer to crock pot.
- Add bag of carrots to crock pot.
- Poor beef buillion broth into crockpot.
- Add 3/4 cup red wine to crockpot.
- Cover and cook 5-6 hrs on high, or 10-12 hrs on low.
- Follow package directions for Gravy, substituting 1/2 cup of liquid from crock pot for 1/2 cup of water.
- Serve with mashed potatoes, dinner rolls, and the remaining wine!