Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Makes 4 lbs. you can store for later use. Make corn bread, pancakes or waffles, biscuits, coffee cake or muffins. For these recipes, search for "Master Baking Mix: Corn Bread Recipe" or "Master Baking Mix: Pancakes or Waffles Recipe," etc. NOTE: You can easily double the recipe if you like.
- 6 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups soy flour
- 3 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 6 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 cups vegetable shortening
- 2 cups powdered milk
- Sift flour, baking powder, salt, cream of tartar and sugar together 3 times.
- Cut vegetable shortening in (to the consistency of cornmeal).
- Stir in dry milk powder.
- OPTION: Add 1 cup untoasted wheat germ.
- Store in covered container at room temperature. To measure baking mix, pile lightly into a cup and level off with a flat edge.