Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Recipe is easily doubled to feed a crowd.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs small red potatoes, cut in half
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 1⁄3 cup buttermilk
- 1 (4 ounce) packagecrumbled gorgonzola
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in 3-quart saucepan; add enough water (salted if desired) to cover. Cover and heat to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer about 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender; drain. Shake potatoes in saucepan over low heat to dry.
- Add butter, buttermilk, cheese, salt and pepper to potatoes. Lightly mash with fork or back of spoon keeping some larger pieces of potatoes.
Very good potatoes. I used regular milk as I had no buttermilk in the house. Still very good.
mmmmm......these are positively sublime......very yummy......and very GONE, LOL. We had these with some very nice steaks, a salad and some sauteed zucchini.....they really added a nice, yet subtle, punch to the meal.