Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A great way to kick up those leftover mashed potatoes. Just add cheese for goodness some spice and bake. Walla comfort food!
- 6 cups mashed potatoes
- 1 cup milk, heated
- 1 1⁄2 cups jarlsberg cheese, diced 8 ounces
- 1⁄2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt, # 186936
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the hot milk into the cold potatoes to soften add 1 1/4 cup cheese.
- Place into a butter casserole pan.
- Top with the remaining cheese, brush the oil over the top and sprinkle salt.
- Place in over for 20-30 minutes. Then place under broiler to brown the top if desired.
I loved the taste of this! Wish I'd had leftover mashed potatoes, but it was quick to make anyway. Loved the jarlsberg in this....usually end up with cheddar or a mexican mix. This was really great with the browning on top. Thanks for sharing!
I love adding cheese to left over potatoes and usually use cheddar or parmesan. The Jarlsberg has a nice flavor and I like that it retained some it's texture so you had nice stringy, melty bits. I shredded the cheese rather than cubing and made fresh mashed potatoes as I didn't have any left overs, I also realized I forgot the olive oil and seasoned salt which I'll have to try, but they were still delicious as is. Thanks for sharing Rita! Made by an Unruly Under the Influence for ZWT6
I made mashed potatoes in the morning and put in the fridge to be used that night. This went together really easily and had great texture, but my family did not care for the jarlsberg. made for ZWT6.