Crunchy Potato Balls
photo by Marsha D.
- Ready In:
- 2 cups very stiff mashed potatoes
- 2 cups finely chopped cooked ham
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese or 1 cup swiss cheese
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 -4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 3⁄4 cups crushed corn flakes
- In a bowl combine the potatoes, ham, cheese, mayonnaise, egg, mustard and pepper. Mix well.
- Add enough of the flour to make a stiff mixture. Chill.
- Shape into 1-inch balls. Roll in cornflakes.
- Place on greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes. Serve hot.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is a great recipe for leftover mashed potatoes. I have now made these twice using my Kitchen Aid to do the mixing. I have kept them in the shape of a meatball. Any leftovers I have frozen on a plate then placed in a bag in the freezer for future use. This recipe is great reheated plus after being frozen. I did decrease the amount of cheese, personal preference. Otherwise I followed the recipe as posted. This recipe looks like you have gone to a lot of work. I recommend adding the "frig cold potatoes" to the mixer last. As the potatoes are easier to handle when cold. Great recipe Pine506. I will be making this often!!!!!!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
OK lets see...My name is Diane and I'm married to a wonderful guy -- going on 20 years. We have 2 kids -- 1 daughter and 1 son a 70lb german shepard, a fat cat and a very snobby cat! I work a couple of days a week in the Loop and the rest of my time is spent sitting at the kids sporting events. I love to try new recipes. Luckily, hubby will try just about anything. The kids aren't so eager about that, but are generally very good sports about it!