Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
Make and share this Masala Fried Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs bone-in chicken thighs, cut up
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 12 whole serranos (deseeded Or Use Jalapenos)
- 12 garlic cloves
- 1 piece ginger, 2 inches long
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped fine
- Coat chicken pieces in pepper, turmeric, and 1 teaspoon salt.
- Crush or grind serranos, garlic and ginger together, slight chunky but well combined.
- Heat oil on medium flame.
- Place chicken pieces a few at a time in oil.
- Fry through until pieces are golden and cooked through, covering pan occasionally so that they get evenly cooked.
- Repeat until all chicken pieces are fried. Take out and drain on paper towels.
- In the same oil, fry onions until light brown, past translucent stage, about 4 minutes.
- If much oil remains, take out excess using a ladle.
- Let enough remain, about 1-2 tablespoons, to saute the remaining ingredients.
- Saute garlic, ginger, serrano mixture till soft and cooked (about 3 minutes).
- Add in tomatoes and cook through for an additional minute.
- Switch to medium-low flame and add in the fried chicken pieces.
- Mix in garam masala, black pepper, 1/2 teaspoon (or to taste) salt and cilantro.
- Combine well.
- Take off flame.
- Serve warm.