My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs bone-in chicken thighs, cut up
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 12 whole serranos (deseeded Or Use Jalapenos)
- 12 garlic cloves
- 1 piece ginger, 2 inches long
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped fine
- 1Coat chicken pieces in pepper, turmeric, and 1 teaspoon salt.
- 2Crush or grind serranos, garlic and ginger together, slight chunky but well combined.
- 3Heat oil on medium flame.
- 4Place chicken pieces a few at a time in oil.
- 5Fry through until pieces are golden and cooked through, covering pan occasionally so that they get evenly cooked.
- 6Repeat until all chicken pieces are fried. Take out and drain on paper towels.
- 7In the same oil, fry onions until light brown, past translucent stage, about 4 minutes.
- 8If much oil remains, take out excess using a ladle.
- 9Let enough remain, about 1-2 tablespoons, to saute the remaining ingredients.
- 10Saute garlic, ginger, serrano mixture till soft and cooked (about 3 minutes).
- 11Add in tomatoes and cook through for an additional minute.
- 12Switch to medium-low flame and add in the fried chicken pieces.
- 13Mix in garam masala, black pepper, 1/2 teaspoon (or to taste) salt and cilantro.
- 14Combine well.
- 15Take off flame.
- 16Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Masala Fried Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (267 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 443.6
- Calories from Fat 292
- Total Fat 32.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 127.3 mg
- Sodium 123.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 27.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: