Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
Masa brings an awesome sweet corn flavor to these pancakes. Make an awesome huevos rancheros style dish or enjoy simply with a dab of butter and maple syrup.
- 1 cup masa corn flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups milk (or milk substitute)
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl until blended.
- Let mixture sit for 5 minutes to soften the masa, then stir again.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Pour 1/2 cup batter into the skillet. When the pancakes appear dry around the edges and start to bubble up, flip and cook until done, about two minutes.
- Keep pancakes in a warm oven until ready to serve.