Recipe by Chef PotPie
This is our new favorite ice cream. The lemon makes it a little tart and it is SO SMOOTH! It's good alone, but we've had it with fresh strawberries and raspberries, too. YUM! The recipe says to just freeze in the freezer; I use my little ice cream/sorbet maker. From Maryjane's Farm.
Top Review by Homeschool.Mama
I thought, what the heck, I'll try it! And believe it or not, it was pretty darn good. If I had used half and half as directed I am sure it would have got 5 stars, but alas I only had whole milk.
- 1 large avocado, peeled and diced
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 2⁄3 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients in blender. Puree until completely smooth.
- Pour into 2 quart baking dish.
- Cover and freeze until firm, about 4 hours. (Can be transfered to an airtight container and kept in freezer for up to one month.).
- Before serving, let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes. Use ice cream scoop to serve. Top with fresh fruit or mango salsa in desired.