Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
A delicious, creamy summer soup. This is very rich, serve in small portions. I have made this using regular sour cream and also light sour cream with good results either way.
- Set aside a few peas to use as garnish.
- In a blender, puree peas, broth, and 1 cup sour cream.
- Strain through a mesh strainer, pressing with spoon to get all the liquid seived into a bowl, and discard remaining solids.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, adjusting with as much or as little as you prefer.
- Chill well.
- Serve garnished with a bit of the reserved whole peas, and if deisred a little drop of sour cream or even a swirl of heavy cream if desired.