1/1 Photo of Mary Beth's Chilled Summertime Pea Soup
2 hrs 10 mins
A delicious, creamy summer soup. This is very rich, serve in small portions. I have made this using regular sour cream and also light sour cream with good results either way.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Set aside a few peas to use as garnish.
- 2In a blender, puree peas, broth, and 1 cup sour cream.
- 3Strain through a mesh strainer, pressing with spoon to get all the liquid seived into a bowl, and discard remaining solids.
- 4Season to taste with salt and pepper, adjusting with as much or as little as you prefer.
- 5Chill well.
- 6Serve garnished with a bit of the reserved whole peas, and if deisred a little drop of sour cream or even a swirl of heavy cream if desired.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mary Beth's Chilled Summertime Pea Soup
Serving Size: 1 (146 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 192.7
- Calories from Fat 115
- Total Fat 12.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 25.3 mg
- Sodium 718.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 7.3 g