The Muffuletta was created from what I thought was the best of several different Muffuletta recipes. I believe it raises the bar for the folks in the crescent city. I have tried the Muffuletta both cold and hot, and prefer the sandwich served hot with the cheeses melting and mixing with the other ingredients.To me it completely changes the quality of the sandwich for the better.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- French bread, with herb topping
- helmanns mayonnaise
- prepared mustard
- 3 ounces of shaved turkey breast
- 3 ounces of shaved pastrami
- 3 ounces genoa salami
- 3 ounces of sandwich pepperoni
- 3 ounces of shaved ham
- 3 ounces bologna
- mozzarella cheese
- cheddar cheese
- swiss cheese or American cheese
- provolone cheese
The Salad Mix will have the following
- 1To make the Salad Mix:.
- 2Place the pimiento-stuffed olives, black olives, drained pickled garden vegetables, celery and carrots into food processor and chop coarsely.
- 3Pour ingredients into bowl and add garlic, basil, oregano, black pepper, olive oil, white wine vinegar and sugar.
- 4Mix well and set aside.
- 5To Assemble The Sandwich:.
- 6Slice the French bread in half.
- 7Spread mayo on to both slices.
- 8Layer meat on bottom of bread as follows:
- 9meat, olive salad, squirt of mustard, cheese, and then repeat until all meat and cheeses have been stacked.
- 10Place slice of bread on top of sandwich.
- 11Preheat oven to 300°F.
- 12Place the sandwich onto a tray.
- 13Cover with aluminum foil.
- 14Place into the oven for 25 minutes until all of the cheeses have melted and the sandwich meat is hot.
- 15Uncover, and slice to the size you wish the sandwich to be.
- 17Stack meat, cheeses and olive salad as direction state, however, now cut the stacked meat into 5 inch sections.
- 18Cut the bread into 5 inch sections and put mayo on both slices of bread.
- 19Now place the meat into the microwave for 1.25 minutes until meat and cheese are melted together, remove and set aside.
- 20Now put the sliced bread into the microwave for 22 seconds.
- 21Put the meat stack onto the bread, smash down and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Marvelous Muffuletta
Serving Size: 1 (346 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 590.6
- Calories from Fat 358
- Total Fat 39.8 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Cholesterol 78.0 mg
- Sodium 1975.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 20.7 g
- Protein 21.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
pimento stuffed olives
white wine vinegar