Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
MMMmmmMMmmmMMMmm! One of my all time favorite salads!
- 1 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup fresh raspberry
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons tarragon
- 1 dash salt
- 1 head bibb lettuce
- 1⁄2 head red leaf lettuce
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 12 red onion rings
- 3 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- Make vinaigreete: combine red, white vinegars and raspberries - cover and let sit 48 hours then strain and store at room temperature. (Can just purchase premade raspberry vinegar).
- Whisk 1/2 cup vinegar, oils, maple syrup, mustard, tarragon and salt.
- Tear leaves by hand and toss in a large bowl with 3/4 cup dressing.
- Divide on 6 plates and top with onions, blue cheese and pinenuts.
YUMMMMMMMMMY! This salad was really delicious! It was super sweet (a huge hit with my daughter and sweet-toothed mom!) but the dijon, blue cheese and nuts gave it a nice savory touch for those of us w/o the sweet tooth. I will definitely be making this again! (I apologize that my mail server was acting funky when I originally posted this review about 3 weeks ago!!!!!) Made for PAC, Spring 2008
Wanted to try this Dressing as it had different ingredients that I had not had together before...It was good...