Hidden Pear Salad
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is one of my kids' favorite 'salads'! They love the pear flavor - and of course the jello flavor, too! This is quick & easy! Can be eaten as a salad or as a dessert. We've served it both ways. ENJOY!
- Ready In:
- 1 (16 ounce) can pears, liquid drained & reserved
- 1 (3 ounce) package lime gelatin
- 3 -4 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- Bring pear liquid to a boil.
- Stir in gelatin until dissolved.
- Cool until syrupy.
- Puree pears in a blender.
- Beat cream cheese& lemon juice until fluffy& smooth.
- Add pureed pears& mix well.
- Fold Cool Whip into pear mixture.
- Fold in cooled gelatin.
- Pour into an oiled 4 1/2 cup mold (or into a dish).
- Chill overnight.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was a salad from my husband's childhood; he was very happy when I found it for him again (and so were the kids!)...they all gave it five stars. It is a unique blend of creamy and tangy at the same time. The only change I made was to add about 1 cup of mini-marshmallows. Thanks so much for posting!Reply