Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe came from my mom, and we always had these at home. Mom always brought them to church events and they were the most popular treat and most requested recipe! Both kids and adults love them! I'm not really sure how many this serves - how ever many marshmallows are in the bag!
- 1 (10 ounce) packagekraft large marshmallows, frozen in freezer overnight
- kellogs Rice Krispies
- 1 (14 ounce) package caramels
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 (12 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- Put caramels, margarine, and sweetened condensed milk into a saucepan and cook on low heat, stirring constantly until melted together.
- Remove from heat.
- Dip frozen marshmallows into the mixture, then immediately roll in Rice Krispies.
- Let them cool on wax paper.
- Store them in the refrigerator.
I thought these were so good. They are kind of a pain though. I cut the marshmallows in half and used a skewer to dip them in the melted caramel. I used a knife to help push them off the skewer after rolling them in the rice krispies. This recipe makes a ton. Next time I'll just make half a batch.
We really liked these but they took a long time to prepare. But...... they were so worth it. The combination of marshmallow and the caramel were out of this world. Add the crunch of the rice krispies and wow, instead delish. DD and I were talking and we want to add coconut to the krispies next time to try. Thank you for posting.
I love, love, love these things. Yes, they're messy to make, but totally worth it. We poked the frozen marshmallows with skewers and then dipped them in the caramel and then the rice krispies. You could try spraying Pam on your hands to help with the mess. I didn't mind the mess, though. They are SO good!!