Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Natures candy-to me that is! If I was offered this over the most decadent desert avaliable, without batting my eye I would choose this. Amount of servings is just an estimate. *Cook time reflects marinating*
- 1⁄2 cup salad oil (I use grapeseed)
- 1⁄4 cup wine vinegar (I use red)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 6 -8 tomatoes, thickly sliced
- 2 -3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 6 chives, chopped
- Combine all ingredients except tomatoes, parsley and chives. Place tomatoes in a bowl, pour marinade over tomatoes. Sprinkle with parsley and chives. Marinate in refrigerator 1-2 hours.
Let me first say, I don't LIKE fresh tomatoes. But I LOVED this recipe! I made it exactly as directed, and couldn't believe how good those tomatoes tasted. But the next time, I am adding mozzarella and croutons and making a salad. Yum!