Recipe by diner524
My sister made this for a family function. I got her to give me the recipe. I know there are alot of marinades on here for steaks, but this just had a great flavor and seems to be different from most marinades.
Top Review by teresas
We loved the flavor and there is not need for steak sauce. You have to love that. I was having problems with my grill (just didn't want to get really hot). The steak was so tender that it was hard to cut. I like the added smoke flavor that the liquid smoke gave the steak. This is a keeper and will be made often. Thanks for posting.:)
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs steak (I use sirloin)
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup beer
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon liquid smoke
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients, except the steak, in a ziptop bag. Shake to combine well and then add the steak. Marinade the steak overnight if possible, or at least 6-8 hours, for best flavor.
- Preheat grill for high heat.
- Put steak on hot grill to get great grill marks and seal in juices. Flip and grill other side and cooked to desired doneness.
- Hint - I baste mine with leftover marinade while grilling for more intense flavor. If you want to do this then save 1/4 cup of marinade prior to putting steak in ziptop bag for marinating.