Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A very easy to make appetizer that is one of my favourites. Can't remember where I got this recipe but I get asked to make it a lot!
- 2 lbs cooked fresh shrimp (I use large 31-40 count) or 1 1⁄2 lbs cooked frozen shrimp (I use large 31-40 count)
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 2 small lemons, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup sliced pitted black olives
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped or 1 teaspoon dried leaf basil, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Layer shrimp, onion, lemon slices and olives in bowl.
- Combine oil, vinegar, lemon juice, parsley, garlic, bay leaf, dry mustard, basil, salt and pepper in a jar with a tight-fitting lid. Cover; shake to blend.
- Pour marinade over shrimp; toss gently. Cover; refrigerate overnight, tossing occasionally.
- Serve chilled.
Just about to add the same recipe that caught my eye in Pingry Cooks but my recipe calls for 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper where you have basil. It also says to mix everything and put over the cooked shrimp and marinate for 2 hours up to overnight. Just thought I'd post the variation here. Thanks for posting.