Recipe by Leslie in Texas
I submitted this recipe to a local Methodist church's cookbook published over 20 years ago. It's always a hit at holiday parties and gatherings of any sort.It looks great served in a footed glass ( like trifle ) bowl. Prep time does not include marinating time.
- 1 lb shrimp, deveined and cooked
- 1⁄2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 bay leaves
- 1 1⁄4 cups salad oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons capers in brine
- 3⁄4 cup white vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Alternate shrimp with onions and bay leaves in a bowl or plastic container.
- Whisk together remaining ingredients until well blended and pour over the shrimp and onions.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 24 hours before serving.
- Drain marinade and transfer to an attractive glass bowl.
- Serve with a container of party toothpicks on the side.
- This will keep for up to a week, refrigerated.