Recipe by Acerast
We love these shrimp! DH and his friends were observed standing around the shrimp bowl until the last shrimp was devoured and then fighting over the olives. This recipe is from a California cooking instructor by the name of Fleur Schim. Thanks Fleur!
Top Review by Pinkytz
Excellent flavor and pretty presentation with color from the lemon slices, olives and red onions. These went very fast and there was a little bickering over who would get the last shrimp.
- 2 lbs shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 lemon, sliced into thin rounds
- 1 small red onion, sliced into thin rings
- 1⁄2 cup ripe olives, pitted
- 1 plum tomato, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a stock pot, cook shrimp in lightly salted boiling water to cover for 1 to 3 minutes or until shrimp are opaque.
- Drain and place shrmip in a resealable plastic bag set in a deep bowl.
- Add lemon slices, onion rings, olives, and tomato; toss to mix well.
- In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, vinegar, olive oil, garlic, mustard, salt, and red pepper.
- Pour over shrimp mixture; close bag.
- Turn bag gently to coat contents.
- Marinate in refrigerator for at least 2 but not more than 6, turning bag once or twice.
- (Important! Do not leave shrimp longer than 6 hours in the marinade or the shrimp will become rubbery.)
- Drain and serve in a clear glass bowl to show off the pretty colors.
- Refrigerate leftovers, (but not in the marinade.).