- 1⁄2 cup dry red wine
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄3 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 (2/3 ounce) envelope Italian salad dressing mix or 1 (2/3 ounce) envelope garlic & herb salad dressing mix
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (5 1/2 lb) boneless rib-eye roast, trimmed
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 8 ingredients, mixing well.
- Place roast in a large shallow dish; pour wine mixture over roast.
- Cover and marinate 8 hours in the refrigerator, turning occasionally.
- Remove roast from marinade; discard marinade.
- Place roast in a shallow pan; insert meat thermometer, making sure it does not touch fat.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 2 hours or until thermometer registers 140 degrees (rare) or 160 degrees (medium).