Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
Found this in Taste of Home magazine and have made it a couple of times.
- 1 lb button mushroom
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook, uncovered, for 6 minutes, stirring once.
- Cool to room temperature. Transfer to a bowl, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- The flavor is really enhanced after overnight refrigeration.
Great mushrooms! I cut the oil to 1/4 cup and added a little garlic. They really do get better the lobger they chill. I let mine chill overnight. Next time I'm making more than 1 lb! Thanx!
I made these mushrooms for DH. He liked them but he told me something was missing. Maybe a clove of garlic, minced would be a great addition. I tasted them and I prefer them warm than cold. Thanks Nemokitty :) Made for TYM tag game
Yum! I used baby bellas and since they were a bit big, I cut them into chunks (6-8 chunks each). The onion I had was a bit too big but since I love pickled onion I used it all - I doubled the vinegar, kept the oil the same, and used heaping tsps salt & mustard. Excellent pickle! Might add garlic next time but they were great without too. Thanks for sharing!