photo by papergoddess
- Ready In:
- 2 quarts water
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons coarse salt
- 2 lbs medium mushrooms, cleaned and trimmed
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon coriander seed
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1⁄2 teaspoon whole allspice
- 1 tiny dried red peppers or 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3⁄4 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, halved
- 1 tablespoon oil (you can use more if you want to!)
- In large pot combine water and 1 1/2 Tbs.
- salt; bring to a boil.
- Add mushrooms and boil 2 min.
- Drain; reserve cooking liquid.
- In saucepan combine 1 1/2 cup reserved liquid, vinegar all spices, and remaining 1 tbs salt.
- Boil for 5 min.
- Pack mushrooms in heat resistant jars.
- Pour liquid over them and add shallots and garlic.
- Add enough reserved liquid to cover, and a tbs.
- of oil.
- Cover and refrigerate for about 1 week, shaking occasionally.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I hate to bake (almost as much as I hate to vacuum!), and I'll go to great lengths to avoid having to make cookies.