Prep 5 hrs
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is from a local paper, it produces a very tender flavourful steak. Increase the marinade for more than 2 steaks.
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped (or use chopped green onion)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 -2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 beef t-bone steaks or 2 boneless strip steaks
- Combine first 8 ingredients in a large resealable plastic bag.
- Add the steaks; turn to coat in the marinade.
- Refrigerate for about 5 hours.
- Prepare grill or broiler.
- Remove meat from marinade, discard marinade.
- Grill meat to desired doneness.
- Serve immediately.
Wonderful marinade bursting with citrus flavors!! I used this to marinade a strip and ribeye steak. I used fresh lemon juice and opted for the green onion. I think this would be just wonderful on chicken. Thanks for sharing your recipe Kit. Made for 123 Hit Wonders Tag Game.
Great Recipe. I actually used a cheaper shoulder blade steak and the marinade really made it tender. The lemon overpowered the orange (maybe b/c of the cut of steak) So if I make thinner steaks with this marinade again I will reduce the amount of lemon used. Great flavors!!! Thanks Kitz!