1/1 Photo of Marinated Green Olives
With preserved lemon, fennel seed, chilli and rosemary - combination of some of my favourite flavours and super easy to make. Good with drinks or to take on picnics. One of my friends tells me these are the best olives ever (bold statement, I know!).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Crush the fennel and peppercorns in a pestle and mortar (or crush with the flat side of a knife and give them a bit of a chop). Chop the chillies into smallish pieces.
- 2Discard the flesh of the preserved lemon and rinse the skin to remove excess salt. Cut into fine strips (or zest the lemon - but the preserved lemon is so much better!).
- 3drain the olives and give them a rinse off in water.
- 4Place the olives in a clean jar and add the remaining ingredients. Cover with olive oil and leave to marinate.
- 5I have left them as little as a couple of hours and up to a few weeks. Pop them in the fridge, but bring back to room temperature before serving.
Browse Our Top Vegan Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Marinated Green Olives
Serving Size: 1 (20 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 53.1
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 468.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 0.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: