Recipe by teresaspindel
Veeeery tasty salad that I invented myself in one of my few cooking creative moments. We love it at home with homemade pita bread and I use to make it for our guests in the summer. They always get second servings. My suggestion: use a very small garlic clove :-)
- 200 g feta cheese
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 pinch white pepper
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ripe tomatoes (tennis ball size)
- 15 -20 black olives
- 1 romaine lettuce
- some fresh parsley leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the Feta cheese block in cubes, about 2x2 cmm (little bit less than 1x1 inch) and put it in a little bowl (something like a breakfast bowl).
- Press the garlic clove with a garlic press over the cheese (or cut in veeery small bits).
- Pour in the oregano, basil and pepper and mix well.
- The cheese should end up coated in herbs and garlic.
- pour 1 and 1/2 tablespoons of vinegar and all the olive oil over the cheese, and mix carefully to avoid the cheese to crumble.
- Let stand about 2 hours, mixing every 30 minutes for the olive oil to coat the cheese.
- Wash the tomatoes, the lettuce and the persil and cut the tomatoes in 8 bits and the lettuce leaves in stripes about 2 inches wide.
- In a salad bowl, mix tomatoes and lettuce with salt (not too much: the cheese is quite salty) and 1/2 tablespoon vinegar, and add black olives.
- Add the cheese mix, drained, and decorate with parsley leaves.