Recipe by Miss Annie
A new twist to grilling steaks. Tart and a little bit sweet, but ever so good!
Top Review by Pets'R'us
This recipe not only gave the steaks a lovely flavor, but seemed to lift the heaviness of the beef.A truly unusual marinade which I thought would only work for chicken or fish, but I was wrong.I cooked the steaks, rib eye, in a grill pan on the top of the stove.
- 1⁄4 cup tequila
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 -2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 steaks, about 1 inch thick (You can use T-bone, rib-eyes, or even sirloin steaks if you like)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a glass baking dish combine all the ingredients except steaks, mix well.
- Place steaks in mixture turning to coat both sides.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours to marinate, turning steaks over occasionally.
- Fire-up the grill, when ready, remove steaks from marinade, reserving marinade.
- Grill steaks to desired doneness, turning once and brushing occasionally with marinade.