Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
The orange colors in this fudge make it a great treat for Fall! The recipe, although tweaked for my own sweet tooth, comes from Taste of Home Prize Winning Recipes, 2008. Preparation time does not include time needed to set in the refrigerator!
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 (12 ounce) package vanilla chips
- 1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow creme
- 3 teaspoons orange extract
- 12 drops yellow food coloring
- 5 drops red food coloring
- Using butter, coat well the inside of a 13"x9" dish.
- In heavy saucepan, combine sugar, cream & butter.
- Cook & stir over lo2 heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Turn up heat & bring to boil, then cook & stir 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat, then stir in chops & marshmallow creme until smooth.
- Measure out 1 cup of this hot mixture & set it aside.
- Add orange extract & food coloring to remaining mixture, stirring until blended.
- Pour the colored mixture into prepared dish.
- Drop the 1 cup of marshmallow mixture by teaspoonfuls over the top of the colored mixture, then cut through with a knife to swirl it around.
- Cover & refrigerate until set, then cut into cubes.