Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 30 mins
This recipe sounds amazing for a simple fall supper. From Real Simple magazine.
Make and share this Maple-Roasted Chicken With Sweet Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oven to 400°F Rinse the chicken and pat it dry.
- Arrange the chicken, onion, and sweet potatoes in a 9-by-13-inch baking dish.
- Drizzle the oil over the chicken and vegetables and season with the salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Drizzle with the maple syrup and top with the sprigs of thyme.
- Roast, stirring the vegetables once, until the chicken is cooked through, about 1 hour, 15 minutes.
- Let rest for 10 minutes before serving.
- Tip: The maple glaze can also be used with a whole chicken or Cornish game hens.
I often use this for company--it's a great recipe for gluten-free eating. With the original recipe, sometimes the chicken comes out rather tough, so I make sure the chicken is on the bottom and I cover the entire thing with foil for the whole time. I use honey instead of maple syrup.
This recipe has very subtle flavors. It is not an overpowering dish. This is my family's favorite way of eating sweet potatoes.
This has NO flavor!!! Just took it out of the oven and tested it and there is ZERO taste. I won't be making this again.