Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
An easy and very tasty little dessert that's so quick to whip up, and are just as quick to disappear! I experimented with several recipes to get this one because my husband wanted a cheesecake I could add bacon to, yes I said BACON! I found one that used maple syrup and maple bacon, so I pieced this recipe together, made a separate batch for him with maple bacon in it, both versions were a hit! Brought the tarts for my co-workers and the best quote was "holy smokes are these good!"
- 1 (8 ounce) package light cream cheese, softened
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin pie filling
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup low-fat whipped cream
- 3⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 36 tart shells (3-inch)
- 1 graham cracker crust (9-inch)
For the adventurous
- 8 pieces maple bacon, crumbled
- Bake crusts as per instructions on package.
- With mixer, beat cream cheese until fluffy.
- Add pumpkin, sugar, and spices.
- Gently mix in whipped cream and maple syrup.
- For tarts - Spoon into crusts. Refrigerate three hours or until set. Garnish as desired. For cheesecake - Bake at 325º for 1 1/4 hours or until center appears nearly set when shaken.Store leftover cheesecake in refrigerator.
- For the adventurous: sprinkle bacon over crust before spooning in mixture. After filling is in crust, sprinkle more bacon on top.