Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Darlene Kossmman. Very old recipe.
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham crackers, crushed
- 1⁄16 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1⁄4 ounces knox gelatin
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup cream, whipped
- 2 drops maple flavoring
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, chopped
- Mix all crust items together
- Lne pie crust
- For filling, beat egg yolk with brown sugar
- Dissolve gelatin with a little cold water
- In another pan boil syrup
- Add to egg yolk mixture. Be sure to temper it or you will have scrambled egg.
- Add gelatin mixture while still hot
- Let cool, but not thickened.
- Add the whipped cream and a couple drops of maple flavoring
- Pour into crust and top with nuts
- Chill overnight.