Recipe by Nat Da Brat
We make this often. If maple syrup is not available, I have made this with Honey, but not quite as good.
Top Review by Bergy
Great way to do a pork Tenderloin! I marinated it overnight and cut back the Maple Syrup to 1/4 cup. I think it is important to use only genuine Maple syrup because you want the flavor to permeate the meat. The artificial syrups just don't cut it. I did serve it with garlic mashed potatoes, new carrots and Sugar snap peas. Thank-youy Nathalie for a womderful meal
- 1⁄3 cup Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 1 bottle beer (I use Ale)
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pork tenderloin
Directions See How It's Made
- In a sauce pan (med. heat), melt butter and add onion, until transparent.
- Turn heat up to high, add beer, dijon and maple syrup.
- Bring to a boil stirring, until it foams and rises.
- Remove from heat and let cool at room temp.
- Once cooled, put your roast in a large freezer bag, and pour marinade inside.
- Let stand in fridge for at least 6 hrs, I prefer overnight.
- Remove roast from bag, and pat dry.
- Put in a shallow roasting pan, preheat oven to 425 F, and roast til' meet thermometer reads 155 F.
- Let stand for 15 to 20 minutes, cut into thick medallions.
- I serve this with roasted garlic mashed potatoes, and maple glazed carrots and turnips.