Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
this is light, perfect with a cup of tea, from bon appetit.
- 1 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄4 cup brandy
- 2 mangoes, peeled and diced
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, room temp
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- preheat oven to 350.
- grease and flour a 9x5 loaf pan.
- soak raisins in brandy for 15 minutes.
- puree mangoes in a processor until smooth, measure 1 cup, save the rest for another use.
- combine flour, cinnamon, salt, ginger, nutmeg and baking soda in a small bowl.
- in a large bowl beat sugar and butter with an electric mixer until fluffy.
- beat in eggs 1 at a time.
- add vanilla and mango puree.
- slowly beat in flour mixture.
- add raisins and brandy and stir well.
- pour into loaf pan, bake for 1 hr, 15 minutes until a toothpick inserted to center comes out clean.
- cool for 20 minutes in the pan, then turn out to a rack to cool completely.
What a wonderful tea bread! I used pureed mangoes instead of diced because that's what I had in the freezer. I used 1/2 tsp ginger because I like a little more spice but otherwise this is perfect!