Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
My husband and I were coming home from vacation, salivating over the yummy dessert pictures in my Family Circle magazine. That is where this one comes from. The directions seem lengtly and difficult, but it really is easy. Cook time is the cooking and chilling time combined.
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 4 ounces white chocolate baking squares, chopped
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, at room temp
- 3⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 1 cup diced ripe mango (from 1 peeled, seeded mango; save remainder for sauce below)
- 3⁄4 cup chopped ripe mango (from 1 mango above)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 20 large marshmallows
- 1⁄4 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups crisp rice cereal
- Mango Mousse: In small glass bowl, combine heavy cream and white chocolate.
- Microwve on high for 1 minute, sit until smooth.
- In large bowl with electric mixer, beat together cream cheese, confectioners sugar, and lime rind until smooth.
- Beat in white chocolate mixture until fluffy (about 2 minutes).
- Refrigerate, covered, until cool and slightly set, about 30 minutes.
- Refrigerate the 1 cup diced mango separatly.
- Mango Sauce: Meanwhile, place the 3/4 cup chopped mango, sugar and lime jice into food porcessor.
- Process until smooth.
- Refrigeate sauce unil serving.
- To finish mousse, fold reserved diced mango into cream cheese/white chocolate mixture until evently distributed.
- There will be about 3 cups of mousse mixture.
- Crispy Cups: Melt butter, marshmallows, grated lime rind, and vanilla in a skillet.
- Stir in 3 cups rice cereal unti thoroughly coated.
- Keep skillet over low heat so mixture remains soft.
- Coat muffin cups with nonstick spray.
- Press 1/4 mixture onto bottom and up sides store at room temperature.
- To serve mango mousse, remove cups from muffin tin.
- Spoon 1/4 cup mousse into each.
- Serve or refrigerate for no more than 1 hour.
- Serve with Mango Sauce on the side, or pour sauce into small plastic food storage bag, snip off a tiny corner, and pipe a swirl onto each plate, then place filled cup on top.