1/1 Photo of Mango Ice Cream
Here's another ice cream recipe; I added a couple of variations that you can try. Mango ice cream is popular in Hawaii; mango sorbet is also very tasty (unfortunately, I don't have a recipe for that one - hint, hint). The time does not include freezing time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Beat egg whites until frothy, then gradually beat in sugar.
- 2Mix the mango puree with cream, then fold in egg whites.
- 3Churn and freeze by hand or with an ice-cream maker.
- 4As a variation, replace the cream with yogurt (you may need a little extra sugar).
- 5Another variation is to omit the egg whites; replace the mango puree with 1 pound of seeded, peeled papaya and the juice of one lime.
- 6Puree with one cup sugar, blend in the cream, and churn and freeze.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mango Ice Cream
Serving Size: 1 (585 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 394.6
- Calories from Fat 266
- Total Fat 29.6 g
- Saturated Fat 18.3 g
- Cholesterol 108.6 mg
- Sodium 103.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 24.6 g
- Protein 6.8 g