Red Bean Ice Cream (Azuki Ice Cream)
photo by tunasushi
- Ready In:
- In a large bowl, beat sugar and egg yolks till pale and yellow. Set aside.
- Bring the milk to a boil in a heavy medium saucepan and then turn off heat.
- Slowly whisk hot milk into the yolk/sugar mixture. Pour the entire mixture back into the saucepan.
- Turn on to a very low heat and stir constantly, till it thickens. Do not let it boil!
- Take the mix off the heat and whisk in the red bean paste. Strain the entire mixture into a large bowl.
- Let it cool for about 2 minutes and then stir in the cream. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Process according to your ice cream maker's instructions.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
my flickr page: http://flickr.com/photos/tunasushi Hey there! Thanks for stopping by to look @ my profile :) I'll be 15 on the 11th of September 2006....Ive been using Zaar for quite a while now and I've made tons of friends so far...... I started cooking when I was umm....12 and a half and Ive been in love with it ever since...My first project was the classic batch of brownies. I used a pan that was too big and I got really really flat brownies.....For the frosting I used granulated sugar and had crunchy frosting haha..... Ive gotten much better since then! I tend to get discouraged very easily if something I make does not come out like it was expected to....I can even get depressed over it..... I have plans on going to Le Courdon Bleu Sydney in mid 2008 and completing the Grand Diploma there...... This is my cat Kiara. I found her in the backyard when I was 10, and I started feeding her toast and grape jelly. She's on a normal cat's diet now haha. <img src="http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c76/tunasushi/kiaraaaa.jpg" alt="Image hosting by Photobucket"> This is Pluto, and sadly he went missing just before Christmas.... <img src="http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c76/tunasushi/PlutO.jpg" alt="Image hosting by Photobucket"> The small pic is when I was 4, and the other is a recent pic :) <img src="http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c76/tunasushi/ff.jpg" alt="Image hosting by Photobucket"> <img src="http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c76/tunasushi/meme.jpg" alt="Image hosting by Photobucket"> Lookin a bit mad...hehe