Prep 4 hrs
Cook 10 mins
Plan ahead and you'll love the pretzel crust! Courtesy American Pie Association.
Pretzel Pie Crust
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup finely crushed pretzel
- 1⁄2 cup butter flavor shortening
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 (3 ounce) package lemon gelatin
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup ripe mango, peeled, pitted and pureed (approximately 1 small mango)
- 2 cups ripe mangoes, peeled, pitted and chopped (approximately 2 large mangos)
Whipped Cream Topping
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- To Make The Pretzel Pie Crust: Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Position knife blade in food processor bowl; add flour, crushed pretzels, Crisco, sugar and water. Top with cover, and process pulsing 3 or 4 seconds until dough just forms, shape into a ball. Press with floured hands to a 5 to 6 inch circle, place dough between floured wax paper and roll out, remove top piece of wax paper and flip dough into 9 inch deep dish pie plate, remove other sheet. Fit in pie plate with hands and trim access dough from around edge. Prick with fork all over sides and bottom. Bake at 425 degrees F for 10 to 15 minutes. Let cool completely.
- To Make The Creamy Filling: In medium size bowl add heavy whipping cream, and beat with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Then add powdered sugar and vanilla, continue beating until firm peaks form. Set aside. In separate bowl add cream cheese and sugar, blend well. Then fold whipped cream into cream cheese mixture. Spread on bottom of pie crust and refrigerate.
- To Make the Mango Topping: Combine boiling water and jello, stirring until dissolved. Add sugar, pureed mango (see how to purree below) and chopped mango and stir well. Pour on top of cream filling in pie crust, return to the refrigerator and chill 3 to 4 hours.
- Note: To puree mango place mango into food processor and pulse 10 to 12 or until puree consistency. * To chop mango place in food processor and pulse 4 to 6 times.
- To Make The Whipped Cream Topping: In medium size bowl add cream and beat with electric mixer until soft peaks form. Add powdered sugar and vanilla, continue beating until firm. Spoon topping into pastry bag and decorate leaving some of the mango top showing.