Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I got this from a Chinese Cooking Class I took 30 years ago. It's quick easy and so refreshing.
- 3 cups romaine lettuce
- 2 ounces cashews
- 1 (4 ounce) can mandarin oranges (chilled and drained)
- 4 radishes (thinly sliced)
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon gingerroot (grated)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- Tear lettuce into small bite sized pieces.Combine lettuce,nuts and radishes in a large bowl.
- Mix the dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
- Toss the lettuce and dressing and place in serving bowls.
- Arrange the chilled mandarin orange sections on top and serve.
easy nice taste to salad dressing ,i would have never guessed at canned oranges and radishes great combo zaar tour 6
I did take a little liberty with the salad. Spring mix was used instead of romaine. The dressing really makes this salad. Made for *ZWT6*
This salad looks like the holidays, with the beautiful green romaine, and decorated with bright orange mandarins, red radishes, and garnished with a drizzle of white dressing. Just beautiful. DH and I had this as dinner this evening by adding 1 more cup of lettuce. After tasting we had to adjust the dressing just a little by doubling the gingerroot and adding 1.5 tablespoons of lemon juice. Over all it made a beautiful and tasty dinner.