Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe came from an Evergreen Bank Cookbook. This is a great light dessert. It tastes like summer or spring to me. It is a great kid pleaser as well. I bet these would make great cupcakes too.
- 18 1⁄4 ounces white cake mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄3 cup oil or 1⁄3 cup applesauce
- 11 ounces mandarin oranges (including juice)
- 12 ounces Cool Whip
- 8 ounces crushed pineapple (including juice)
- 3 ounces instant vanilla pudding
- mandarin orange segments
- mint leaf
- Mix the cake mix, eggs, oil or applesauce, and mandarin oranges together.
- Grease and flour two 9 inch cake pans.
- Pour batter into prepared cake pans.
- Bake at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- For the frosting, mix the Cool Whip, crushed pineapple and instant vanilla pudding together.
- Let set for 5 minutes.
- Place a thin layer of frosting on one cake.
- Place the second cake on top of the first.
- Frost the top and side of both layers.
- Frosted cake maybe decorated with whipped topping using decorative bag and tips.
- Garnish with mandarin orange segments and mint leaves.
This has been a famliy favorite for years! I had lost my recipe so was thrilled to find it here. I made exactly as written except that I always bake it in a bunt pan...makes a very pretty shape covered with the light and yummy frosting! Thanks for the post!
This cake is so good. Light and fluffy and a great taste. I used unsweetened applesauce. Even the frosting is yummy. Me, my mom, my son loved it. DH a bit less because of the frosting but he's not the type who likes frosting. Thanks Ceezie. This is one of the best cake I made with a cake mix. Made for Please Review My Recipe.