Recipe by swissms
These are very popular in my house. Simple seasonings create a great tasting burger. Be sure to use barbecue seasoning (dry spice blend) not barbecue sauce.
- 4 lbs ground beef
- 3 -4 teaspoons liquid smoke
- 1⁄4-3⁄8 cup barbecue seasoning (such as KC Masterpiece BBQ seasoning)
- 8 hamburger buns
- 8 kraft american cheese slices
- sliced dill pickle spear (Claussen)
- sliced tomatoes
- romaine lettuce leaf
- sliced onion
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl, combine ground beef, liquid smoke and barbecue seasoning. Mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 8 equally sized balls. With your hands, flatten the ball and gradually mold into patties (use your fingers to press and shape, ensuring that the patties do not fall apart). Form into large patties, slightly larger in diameter than the buns (approximately 6-inch diameter). As the hamburgers cook, they will shrink to the right diameter for the buns.
- Grill until done. Top with cheese slices.
- Toast hamburger buns on grill until golden brown.
- Build hamburgers with preferred toppings. Enjoy!