Jamaican Jerk Sauce
- Ready In:
- 1 scotch bonnet pepper, halved and seeded (or jalapeno pepper)
- 2 scallions, sliced into 2 inch lengths
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic, pealed (3 cloves)
- 3 tablespoons ginger, freshly grated (One 2 inch piece)
- 4 sprigs thyme, fresh and minced
- 1 tablespoon allspice berry, ground in a coffee mill (or 2 tsp dried)
- 2 limes, juice of
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple juice (or 1/2 cup tomato juice)
- In the bowl of a food processor or in a blender, process the Scotch Bonnet pepper, scallions, garlic, ginger, and thyme leaves until finely ground.
- Add the allspice, lime juice, ketchup, and pineapple juice and puree the mixture for 30 seconds, until well combined.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!