Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Mamma's Berry Tart is a popular dessert in Finland. The word "Mamma" comes from the Swedish word "Mum", so it's not quite certain if the recipe is Finnish or Swedish. But it's good all the same! Who can possibly resist crispy buttery pastry filled with berries and topped with creamy filling??? From the Scandi-Home cooking blog.
- 7 tablespoons butter, softened
- 7 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
For the Filling
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla sugar
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 lb blueberries (about 3 cups) or 1 lb mixed berry (about 3 cups)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- To make the pastry:
- Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar until light and creamy. Whisk in the egg.
- Mix the flour and the baking powder together and stir into the dough.
- Place the dough in a greased 9 inch tart pan or pie plate and flatten on the bottom and sides using your fingers (add a little bit of flour if the dough is too sticky to handle).
- For the Filling:.
- Mix the berries with the cornstarch, then place berries in the prepared crust.
- Mix together the sour cream, egg, vanilla sugar and sugar and spoon the filling on top of the berries.
- Bake in 350F oven for about 30 minutes or until the pastry has browned and the filling seems set.