1/5 Photos of Mama's Yeast Rolls
2 hrs 20 mins
This recipe has been handed down in my family for several generations. I'm not sure which of the ancestors actually originated it, but I know my grandmother used it and made the absolute best rolls in the world. My grandfather wouldn''t eat store bought bread because it wasn't as good as "Mama's" bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place water in large bowl.
- 2add yeast.
- 3stir in sugar, oil, salt, and 4 cups flour.
- 4Beat well with electric mixer at med to high speed.
- 5Stir in the last 2 cups of flour 1/4 cup at a time until the dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl and is soft and elastic.
- 6Turn out on floured board and knead for 5 to 10 minute.
- 7Transfer to greased bowl, cover and place in warm, draft-free area.
- 8Allow to rise to double.
- 9Punch down and turn out on floured board.
- 10Knead to remove most of the air bubbles.
- 11Pinch off approx 2 inch diameter pieces.
- 12Place in greased pan.
- 13When all rolls made, brush with oil or butter.
- 14Allow to rise to double.
- 15Bake in hot (425) oven until golden brown.
- 16Remove from pans and cool on wire rack or serve while still warm.
- 17May be frozen after baking.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mama's Yeast Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (1465 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 114.6
- Calories from Fat 29
- Total Fat 3.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 194.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 2.3 g