Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This has become a staple in my family over the years. It is always present at family gatherings. This is great for potlucks and other gatherings, easily doubled and great tasting.
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup pecans (optional)
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- In med sauce pan mix pineapple, sugar, and gelatin. Bring to boil. Continue boiling for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Stir in softened cream cheese until cheese is melted and well mixed.
- Add pecans (optional)and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Fold in Cool Whip and refrigerate for several hours.
- **Best if refrigerated overnight**.
I printed this out months ago for my mother in law. She has made for every family function and everyone loves it! I made it yesterday and it is so wonderful. We like to serve it with ham. The boys love it alone as a treat. Thanks for the great recipe!